Underwater Filming Equipment
Underwater Housing for RED Epic Dragon
My main underwater housing is for the RED Epic Dragon camera and Cooke S4i Mini lenses, and it has been totally custom designed and built to work on high-end productions, to a depth of 30 meters.
Download PDF Brochure
• Up to 6K resolution and 80fps (300fps at 2K).
• 8” dome port for superior wide angle optics.
• Flat port for macro and close-up shots.
• Precision focus and iris gears.
• RED H20 OLPF filter for consistent colours underwater.
• Video assist with 60m of cable.
• 2 on-board monitors for precise operating.
• Works with Cooke S4i Mini PL mount lenses.
• Dual V-Lock battery system for 3 hours of power.
• Wireless control of camera settings at the surface.
• Depth rated to 30m.
• Pressure check security system to avoid leaks.
• Audible/visual water alarms.
Internal gear system for Cooke S4i Mini lenses
Aga full face mask with microphone and earphone
I also have my own underwater, wireless communications, which are essential for coordinating the action from above and below the water. The director can sit comfortably in front of the video assist monitor and have a two-way conversation with me from the surface. Other diving crew or models/actors can also we linked in with two-way and receive only units.
Director's surface unit
Receive only unit
Splash-Bag for RED Epic Dragon
Also available for surface shooting around pools and beaches is my Scubacam splash-bag, complete with 10m video assist cable (or wireless) and air jets which will blow the water droplets off the front glass plate.